Sunday, July 6, 2008

Adventures in Safeway

I like going to Safeway (usually), because it isnt very busy and its easy to find stuff there. Its also very clean and quiet there too. But they're stuff is kinda expensive. I like how they put in Starbucks in them.

Yesterday after work, i had to stop at Safeway to grab some Oreo No-Bake Cake Mix. I went inside, found the right aisle and correct product and headed to checkout number 6 to make my purchase. I threw down a pack of gum too.

Theres a young man ahead of me. He's buying pita bread and some artichoke dip and some diet Sprite. I like how he only has 3 items. This means standing in line for checkout wont be too long. An older couple jump in line behind me. They have a cart filled with stuff, i think its their weekly groceries.

After the man ahead of me finished with his purchases, its my turn.
Hello, how are you?
Im good, yourself?
Fantastic. Found everything ok?
yes.
Just the 2 items?
mmhmmm
Club Card? AirMiles?
*hands over AirMiles card and give out my home phone number*
Ok, your total comes to $6.57

At this point, i debated with myself, Cash or Debit? As im opening my wallet, i realize the couple behind me were getting VERY impatient.

The woman was standing not even an inch away from me, i think it couldve been 3 centimeters. My reaction to this, i was kinda weirded out actually. As im filling out my info on the Debit machine, the woman lets out a *SIGH* and taps her feet. I decided to take advantage with this situation.

The purchase goes through and the cashier hands me my receipt. Just to piss off the couple behind me, i dont move. Instead, i start reading every detail on my bill. The woman lets out a bigger SIGH.

i cant blame myself, im dead tired after a 9 hour at work, and the LAST thing i need is someone flipping me off in the Safeway checkout.

-taibah out

0 comments: