Saturday, July 19, 2008

CAMP - July 2008 part 1

Mentos or gobstobbers anyone? i have a terrible sore throat today :(

ALHUMDULLIAH IM HOME!!!!

feels sooooooooo great to be back. subhanallah, its really an eye opening experience for me to realize how attached i am to my things. Such as my bed and laptop, the washroom, my running water... i think the list is endless lol

but WOW, camp was different this year. to start off with, i wasnt a camper. instead i was counselor of cabin 5 (GO Oompa Loompas!!!), 9 girls were placed under my care, the age-range was 12/13. Three of these girls were from Regina and the rest were locals, some of them i didn't know which was cool cause now we're friends :)

My Girls were hilarious and so unpredictable. Some of them had amazing acting talents which were reflected in our skits, and some got sick too (that night was a total nightmare), but overall we had a great time talking late into the night with each other, singing, laughing, dancing and ofcourse, crying together.

i think i miss them. all of them. :(

the way they'd say my name several times during the day, sometimes at 1am, or at all meal times "umm taibah...?" and then they'd ask me such random questions. Which eyeliner is better to use? what does dawah mean? can i PLEASEEEE have more strawberries on my waffles? can i have more juice? whats the weirdest thing to EVER happened to you? do you like candy? can i take a picture of you? can you do my hair?

*sigh*

they begged me to shut off my walkie talkie/2-way radio that i was required to strap to myself and on at ALL times. they hated how it would go off all the time, but they would admit they enjoyed hearing all the rest of the camp staff having their convo's and listening in on them with it.


top row, left to right: UmmalKhair, Maryam, Saira, Nitasha, Zineb, Huma,
bottom row, left to right: Inaya, Lumterjie, Mimi (Maryam), ME :D

-taibah out

0 comments: