Monday, July 28, 2008

migrane monday

today i went to work after being off for 2 weeks. I took one week off for Camp, and the next week after was spent with being ill. It was difficult trying to get ready for work this morning, but at the same time it felt good.

i walked into the office and said my hellos to whoever was around, it was just near 7:45am. I didnt plan on getting to my actual desk until 8am, my plan was to grab a Starbucks from Safeway and then enter. I left my tote bag, which carries my Binder and amillion other important papers on a chair in the lounge, i walked out of the office and debated with what drink to get.

As im walking down the sales floor, i realized i should just grab some cash rather than use my debit card. I get to one of the cashiers and decide to buy some gum, sadly i came to know i had left my debit card at HOME!

no Starbucks for taibah today :(

Slightly upset, i walk back to the office. I grabbed my tote bag and walked down the left hall to get to my office. I open the door and the sight of my desk makes me want to hide. SO MANY PAPERS and FILES. I was quite stunned. I knew 2 weeks of not being at work would be rough, esp the buildup of reports and billions of faxes i would have to make. I get started right now.

4 hours pass, very quickly. Its lunchtime, but i dont feel hungry. I havent eaten anything at all, and yet i still felt no hunger. I call up one of the office managers, i tell them im skipping my lunchbreak so i can go home an hour early. Thankfully, they give me their approval.

I was thrilled when 4pm rolled around. tomorrow may be another rough day.

-taibah out

0 comments: