Saturday, August 23, 2008

ankle socks

i love socks. i have a bizzare obsession with them.
i own several different kinds of socks.
i have too many to count. alhumdulliah :)

today when i got dressed for work, i grabbed a pair of white puma ankle socks. i put them, i liked the way they looked, clean and crisp, fitting.

i get to work and the day goes by as usual. after getting through my major pile of filing from last week, i decided to head to safeway to buy some crackers (i have odd cravings for dry snacks). I get up from my desk and check my pockets to see if i have any cash with me, thankfully i do. I walk out of the office.

I decided to head to safeway by walking through the sales floor. i pass by the lumber run, the pro desk is overflowing with boxes for some reason. I walk by the tool corral, and passed the kitchen installs office. Im halfway out the side seasonal doors when i realize theres something in either my sock or my shoe.

By this time, im already outside, i decided to ignore it and head towards safeway. it takes me less than a minute to get inside. 20 seconds later, ive found the correct aisle. that THING in my shoe/sock is driving me crazy.

i decided to head to an empty aisle. i endup in the candy aisle looking at the different varieties of chewing gum. No one is around, its only 2pm in the afternoon. Im wearing adidas slides, so i simply take my right foot out of my shoe. I glance around to make sure no is coming down the hall, thankfully no ones there :)

i check the inside of my shoe, i dont see anything. that can only mean one thing...the THING had to be in my sock! lol

i glance around again, and think to myself...WHY NOW?!

i get down on the floor, so im kneeling infront of granola bars now. i slowly take off my sock and there it is....a tiny tiny pebble that was driving me insane! i toss it aside and look to my right, a kid is running down the aisle, i panicked and put my sock back on. i looked back towards him, but he's already gone. I slide my shoe back on. I stand up and walk away.

im normal. rite?
:D

-taibah out

0 comments: