Tuesday, August 19, 2008

call center drama

as of now, i look back at this incident that happened earlier today and laugh pretty hard at it. however at the time, i was more in a 'OMG WTF?!' feeling of emotion.

perhaps i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. allow me to explain.

my dad and I are both talking to each other in the living room. im sprawled out on the floor, while he is sitting across me sipping his hot tea. we're having a great conversation about composting and such when the home telephone begins to ring. the cordless phone is within my arms reach so i grab it. i looked at the caller ID screen and say to my dad "area code 207, whats that?"

he didnt know and tells me to answer it.

me: hello
guy: ohhh hi, may i talk to mr. awan?
me: uhhh just a second

*dad shakes his head and says 'im not here"*

me: sorry, he's not available right now, may i take a message?
guy: are you his wife?

*dad bursts out laughing*

me: NO! im his daughter!
guy: im terribly sorry, are you above the age of 18?
me: yeah, sorry, why are you calling us?
guy: im calling from XYZ hydro electric Co. with a new offe---
me: *interrupts* im sorry, we only deal with local companies that we're more familiar with, thanks for calling
guy: is your mother around?
me: no, she isnt home. please take our phone number off your phone list.
guy: how old are you?
me..uhhh 20 *lies*
guy: whats your name?
me...my name is taibah, will take our number off your phone list?
guy: suree, ill do that for you taibah. may i ask you something? are you muslim?
me: ummmmmmm yeah?

*dad's still laughing and sipping his tea*

me: ok, i have to end this call now, thanks for calling, but im sorry we're not interested in whatever you have to offer.
guy: *silence*....is there anything you want to ask me?
me: WTF?! "noooooo?"
guy: so taibah, what are you studying?

*dad stops laughing*

me: you dont need to know that. im hanging up now. bye.
CLICK

can you say...awkward moment infront of your dad? lol
i says to my dad "what a wierdo", my dad says they all are.

the phone rings again, the caller ID says area code 207. i let my dad answer it.

a guy was attempting to hit on me over the phone. i feel flattered LOL

-taibah out

:)

1 comments:

ursers said...

Haha, *goes into ultra muslim mode* this is why girls must never answer the phone!

I would've loved to see his face after your dad answered it xD