Friday, September 12, 2008

a day of loss

today,
was an adventure.

after praying fajr, i dozed off for abit and set my alarm to awake at 7am. I ended up getting out of bed by 7:30am. After getting dressed and finding my office keys, im on my way to work by 8:15. The drive to work was rather eventful, I saw an EAGLE!

Subhanallah, id love to see one upclose like that again.
Which reminds me, yesterday as im chatting on the phone with a friend and getting my bag ready for school, i glanced outside my bedroom window and noticed something colored on the pinetree in the front yard. I looked closely and realized it was a yellow bird! Another Subhanallah moment lol.

Once i got to work, i began my usual tasks. I accidentally locked my keys in the office and had to run around looking for someone that could get me back in. I normally dont get "down-time" at work, other than lunchbreak, mostly cause i have my own way of finishing my tasks which are slightly time consuming.

Today i got some downtime while i waited for a coworker to verify my reports. I normally keep my phone sitting just below my monitor but elevated using a LARGE stack of Post-It notes which are covered in The Home Depot logo. I keep it elevated so that it catches my attention whenever a call or msg comes my way.

today, not a single call or msg. at all.
i thought my phone was broken. so i decided to call telus on my lunch break.

lunch break rolls around and i called *611, which SHOULD have connected me to telus customer service, instead, i got connected to MTS Mobility.

Puzzeled, i stayed on the line and wasnt able to talk to anyone from MTS or telus. I hope telus realizes how PARANOID i was all DAY.

i love my phone because my friends live in it :D
.
in other news: a bird flew into the office today. pure chaos and pandemonium. i loved it.

-taibah out

0 comments: