Tuesday, January 29, 2008

a doing-nothing day, part 2

I woke up very early today, ate breakfast which consisted of an orange and a slice of toast. I thought i was getting a ride to campus today, but nope, i got dropped off at the mall to figure out when the #76 was coming :(

after realizing i had about 30mins to kill at the mall, my first idea was to grab a coffee, as im walking through the mall i ended up in chapters milling around. once i had about 12 mins to grab the bus, i zipped up and adjusted my mitts and walked outside.

i swear to god, i've never been so cold before in my life. it was like, i was choking on the frosted oxygen outside. i couldnt walk in a straight line either since the wind was too strong. lol, i think i looked drunk. when i got to the empty bus shelter, i frantically searched my pockets for my bus ticket, only to realize, i slipped it inside my bag. silly me.

i had to take my mittens off to get by bus ticket and i thought i was gonna die. i decided that if im gonna freeze anyway, why not listen to some music while im at it. so i pulled out my ipod and earphones from my bag too.

let me explain something, a hijabi trying to put earphones on UNDER the hijab is a priceless thing to watch. seriously, i usually go to washroom since it just looks kinda werid trying to do it so casually. thankfully, i was the only one at the bus stop and adjusted the earphones quickley.

the bus comes along and i hurry inside it. only to realize im the only passenger in the bus until we hit bishop grandin. i felt like i had no friends, or not even a family, that feeling of loneliness seriously hit me hard in the bus today :( THANK GOD FOR THE STRANGER WHO FINALLY GOT ON! i even smiled at him, even thought of waving at him too!

lol

after attending my morning classes and dhur i spent a RATHER interesting afternoon with my friends. good times darling.

i decided to head home after asr as usual. i usually get irritated if im still at school after asr. my brain sorta dies on me. i guess cause im usually hungry by that time, or my shoes are dirty or my laptop is starting to kill my shoulder.

today wasnt a good day, thanks mom for picking me up from school :D

2 comments:

R said...

does your ipod headphone cord become stiff like plastic in the cold like mine does?

Taibah said...

they sure do.

Infact i had such a hassle with mine cause the cords were tangled. It resulted to my fingers being frozen. not only that, once i finally got them on, they were SO COLD :(