Monday, January 14, 2008

the world always wins...

“When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world” – Timone, Disney’s Lion King

But does it really have to be that way? Can we still function when the world gives up on us?

Well…to be honest, I don’t even know the answer. Don’t you hate it when cartoons confuse you like this?

We each have unique personalities and diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. Each person knows their own list of faults and knows what counts as personal moral values and what doesn’t. We know what is socially acceptable and what isn’t. We know how to think, cause thank god, we each have the capability to think, understand, and realize with the help of something in our head known scientifically as the brain.

All throughout our life, we’ve been exposed to different situations, sometimes to the point of a puzzling culture clash. Yet these situations aren’t meant to hurt, but they do sometimes. We get angry and let that anger poison our emotions and blood. We go against all odds and fight our “rights” for the wrong purposes.

Is it human nature to do that?

You tell me. Im clueless at this point :(

I once heard someone give another individual excellent advice. Yes, I was eavesdropping, and they said “no matter what happens in your life, understand it happens for a reason. Don’t give up yet, you’re stronger than you think”. My first thoughts from hearing that was to think of all the events in my past, events I thought had “ruined” my life, events that had caused a dramatic change in my lifestyle or ways of thinking. I realized this is supposed to happen, and there is essentially no one to blame.

I leave you with this thought: The world always wins.

It’s just how it is my darlings…

-Taibah

0 comments: