Thursday, April 24, 2008

adults confuse me

Internet connection failed.
Sometimes I never understand the things parents do, we’ll just leave it at that.

Jay asked me once “what color are you today Taibah?” and I was rather puzzled by this question. This isn’t just a question; it’s a means of reaching deep inside you and your brain and trying to create a mutual agreement between the two. And then you pick a color and associate that with your conclusion.

The cool thing is, each of us has our own taste in colors. For instance, my favourite color as a child was purple and anything associated to purple. Yet I still like the color green and picked the lime-green over the deep satin purple my mother thought id be appealed to. I told Jay I was ‘salmon pink’ that day. I really don’t know why I chose that particular color, sometimes my brain tells me to say things without telling me why. My brain is like another human living inside me. It’s a very limited human though….do I sound insane at this point? Lol

What color are you?

Ive just taken a peek outside my bedroom window, its been raining earlier and the streets are still wet. I like the rain. This one time at work, at home depot, I was putting a transaction through for a customer, and we began talking about the intense rain outside. I says to him “actually, I enjoy the rain” and the man says to me “you have a sad sense of humour” to which he walked away with his purchase. To this day, I have no idea what he meant.

I like it when people contradict themselves, cause they usually end up looking like a fool and give off the vibe of a dishonest person to others. What idiots.

Someone told me today “never love your friend too much, because they might become your enemy. Also, never hate your enemy too much, because they might become your friend”…Im pretty sure this is a hadith. And to my darling that sent this to me, thank you, you’ve opened a few more doors for me to sit and ponder to.

Im eating jalapeño chips and im getting rather thirsty.

-taibah out

3 comments:

ayoota said...

lol your blog titles confuse me tibz..haha u start off saying on thing and end up with a completely new topic!

Taibah said...

thats just how it is, havent you noticed how i talk? lol i'll start off as tho ive got something important to say with sooo much momentum, but then i end saying something like.....yeah, so i missed the bus today.

ZeeAwan said...

your favorite color as a child was not purple! Your favorite color was the color I liked, and everytime i changed it b/c you kept copying me, you'd change it too!

-zenab