Saturday, May 10, 2008

keys?

Now, its Saturday morning. After being dropped off at home (HOME SWEET HOME), i ring the front door doorbell. I turn around and see my sister continue to drive down the street, unaware of what i would i have to face very soon. No one answers. I ring the doorbell again. Again, no answer.

I decided to head to back door, yet i realize, i cant open the gate. My father has this complicated lock system on the fence. Its a 6ft high fence that surrounds our house and me being 5ft 3' makes it VERY difficult to try to get inside the secure premises of my own house. After trying afew times, i head back to the front door and ring the bell again. Once again, no answer.

Usually in the past, whenever i forgot my keys inside my bedroom and was locked out of the house, i always managed to figure out a logical way to get back inside. I've broken into my house several times. I did it 4 days in a row back in grade 11. My mother was in the US visiting relatives, my dad was away at work during the day, siblings away at school or work during the day. The way the system worked in grade 11, i would endup coming home first out of everyone. however, forgetful me, would always forget my keys sitting on my desk, dresser, or sometimes right on the kitchen table...

this resulted to me coming inside through the window from the backside of the house. Yes, my neighbours would look at me oddly, but thankfully my dad would forget to shut his bedroom window that morning, which is the ultimate key to climbing in from the windows. Had the window been shut, i would have to sit and wait for one of my siblings to come along and use their housekeys.

But this morning however, none of the windows were open.

Anyways, I realize my celly is still with me, and i call my home phone number, the only thing that answers is "Hi you've reached the Awans, but we're not around to take your call, please leave your name and number and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! Thank you!" I simply hangup.....

Before calling my dad's cell or my brother's cell, i decided to grab my keys from my usual pocket of my backpack. However, when i looked, they werent there. Simply cause i forgot to take them with me and had left them on my bed....

I sit down beneath the pine tree, and its 10:30am. Saturday morning's cool crisp weather made me kinda chilly so i tried to keep myself warm. I begin to dial my dad's cell number....yet i get a call from a friend before i can even finish dialing his number. I talked on the phone for about 10mins with this friend and she offers to come pick me up once she realizes im locked out of my home. I thank her for the offer since its very kind of her to mention that, yet i told her it wasnt nessesary since my closest relatives lived only 2 streets away.

After that phone conversation, I dial my father's cell again. This time, he answers and laughs when i explain to him my situation. He says to me he's nowhere near the house and that id have to find a different solution. He also told me my brother was home and that i should try ringing the bell again....perhaps ali was in the shower? (for the record, yeah he was lol)

My dad then keeps talking about the technique for opening the gate. We hangup and i ring the doorbell again. This time, ali answers.

-taibah out.

1 comments:

ZeeAwan said...

haha! You always forget your keys! Jeez, to think that you'd learn from your past!