Friday, June 27, 2008

chali - cuts to count

Rasululah SAW said: "Verily Allah does not look to your bodies nor to your faces but He looks to your hearts," And he pointed towards the heart with his fingers.

ok. lets hit up the jackpot in this one.

humans make mistakes, its in our nature to hit up failure at some point in our lifetime. things dont workout all the time. over-confidence plays a huge rule in this too.

I think of a lifetime, that i had once pictured for myself. Have i lived upto that?

no.
not even close.

i feel that i live in a world surrounded by people who have false hopes and aimless desires. muslim or not, it gets to a point where i cant see the difference.

it saddens me.
my generation angers me.

i am a person in this world. i have a right to exist. i have the ability to change. i have the strength to live. i have a voice to be heard. i have the knowledge to gain control. i want to be a role model.

it feels as though the world has paused. In the sense, that we arent moving forwards, but backwards.

ive tried hard.
others have too.
we keep trying.
stab after stab we take,
it doesnt seem to get any easier.

recent events in the past have forced me to write this. and this is where i fall into a bit of a "controversial" material.

hijab is very important to me.
the value i hold towards it cant even be described. i certainly dont worship it, but treat it with respect and understand the meaning behind the cloth.
i wish all muslim girls would be able to understand this too.
theres a sharp pain i see, when i see the value of hijab lost in the desire to attend your grad night without a hijab on.
...
i dont know what else to say. people are old enough to understand the difference between right and wrong.

and dont you DARE give me that "only God can judge me"

-taibah out.

1 comments:

asyaam said...

I'm surprised at how much I can relate to this post...