Monday, June 23, 2008

kiss my tiara!

last night wasnt a good night. after signing off of msn, my mind was spinning with emotions and thoughts. i cried myself to sleep after 4am with a migrane. I awoke within 20mins to pray fajr and tried hard to stay awake, yet my body wouldnt agree and i awoke at 7:45am and got ready to head out to the office for 9am.

After getting to work, i get snatched into attending a meeting. It was exciting, basically i got TONS to do these next 3 weeks. I was given keys to my office (i only get it till early September, my other office, i share with 2 other people, yet we have our own workstations and desks and phones). Its pretty. Sorry about the image quality, its from my phone... Check out my smokin' monitor...i fell in love with it instantly!


Basically, i normally work in the Accounting office, but I've been asked to be an InStore Trainer (IST). Its a nice title to have and i work along with the IT unit. We're getting a completely new computer system set to Go-Live in September. My job, is to master this new system and learn every single feature of it. After that, i get sent to learn how to be an IT-ish sorta instructor (hopefully i get to be sent out of town to do this!!! still waiting on the final decision) and schedule training courses with all the employees on the Sales-Floor. Thankfully, i work in Store Support and not on the Sales Floor, its soo much more relaxing and somewhat more stress-free (so far) than being a sales-driven zombie.

Alhumdulliah, im rather satisfied with my job. Even tho i have a really nice computer in my office, i get a work laptop sometime next month. I need to attend some seminars which are work-related and they're nice enough to provide me with one. Working in the IT unit is pretty exciting.

When i was finally settled down in my office, i went to checkout my mailbox. Lo and behold! A nice juicy stack of papers are waiting for me. About an hour later, i have my next 2 weeks planned out ahead of me.

I come into the office, sit infront of my computer for afew hours, and then head off to safeway during my coffee break, i come back and sit back down infront of the computer for another few hours. Then i leave for an hour lunch break. alhumdulliah. Come back after lunch and sit back down infront of the computer. Head out for a walk and "visit" the other offices. Come back and sit down till my 9 hours of work are done.

On the computer i basically go through a lot of E-Learning stuff. Although i do have the freedom to learn at my own pace, im rather pressed for time in this IST Project. With managers constantly popping in and out of my office to take a peek at my "Scheduled Tasks" and the repeated question..."wanna work overtime this weekend?"...im trying my best to get things done and meeting my deadlines as much as possible. I wrote 12 pages of hand-written notes (front and back), my right hand pinky hurts alot now...and today was just DAY ONE.

In other news, i've bought my Writers Notebook from Dollarama, now im just waiting for the right moment to start writing in it.

im tired, but not AS tired as i would be from being a cashier. Alhumdulliah, thoes days are over :)

-taibah out

0 comments: