Friday, June 13, 2008

the masjid. part 2

OK!

so i was able to squeeze out from work and attend jummah. that means i gotta catch up on paperwork tomorrow which means im out of the office at 10:15pm. gross. ALSO, im waayyy behind on paperwork too, so im expected back for sunday. IF im lucky im out by 5pm, otherwise 6pm is still an option.

*sigh*

when a idiot like me has 2 credit cards to handle AND a stupid phone bill....i cannot complain.

I attended jummah today. We walked in, and i sat in the lower ladies prayer area, due to some 'womanly issues" lol. I've never had to attend the jummah prayer while sitting in that area before. There was this rather confused lady sitting there too. She had with her 2 other girls, who looked equally confused. All 3 of them were wearing their shoes. I kindly asked them to take their shoes off. It came to my attention that one of these girls was to take shahada after the prayer. They asked me to assist them in doing this. I had to explain to them that it had to be done in the witness of the Sheik.

The Khutbah begins.

As im sitting there, and woman in her late 40's walks in. She has a look of disgust on her face and she looks highly annoyed. Curious, little me, remains seated and silently watched her. She walks around for a bit and finally puts her handbag down. She then walks toward a corner near the door she had just entered from.

To my shock and horror, she flips the lights off. Yes, i sat there with my mouth open, furious and annoyed. Yet i cant get up to turn the lights back on. This woman looked pretty mean already. It was like, asking for a beating from a young grandma. Young grandma's can be scary, they have all that strength and energy in them, waiting to finally beat someone.

I was very pissed off actually. So as soon as the prayer had ended and that woman was gone, i flipped the lights back on.

the rest of the jummah wasnt very eventful. I didnt know that my 2 slices of pizza costed $10. WHAT A RIPOFF!

tales from the masjid, to be continued.

-taibah out.

0 comments: