Wednesday, June 4, 2008

my hate for tv

One thing i cant stand is how loud my mom turns up the tv in the mornings. She loves watching her pakistani talk shows on Geo and ARY and Indus. Its either Nadia Khan Show, Marina's Mornings, or some political discussion called Capital Talk or Pak Raha Hai Kya (translation: What's Cooking?).

I cant stand the Nadia Khan Show. She has this REALLY annoying way of greeting people in her 'guuuuud murrrrrrrrrning' and it makes me cringe. She has some rather cool people on her show, i remember Sami Yusuf on her show once.

Marina's Mornings are somewhat decent. She's a rather larger woman, and she focuses on nothing but health and health related things. I guess its alright, minus her giggle.

Capital Talk. nuff said.

Pak Raha Hai Kya is a cooking show. Its 2 people and one of them does all the cooking, the other does all the talking. Like ALOT of pakistani morning shows, its a call-in type of show. People call in and ask or comment on whatever food is being made. Its rather amusing sometimes to hear what people in pakistan say. Stuff like "you're pretty CLICK" or some wild accents.

Dont get me wrong, my mom can watch whatever she wants on tv, esp in the mornings when no one is really around to change it to ZeeTv or Star+, but why does it have to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo loud? oh wells, i simply close my bedroom door to shut out the sound of the tv.

i wish i knew how to use the remote :(

-taibah out

3 comments:

asyaam said...

haha, my mom did the same thing when we has satellite! she'd make herself breakfast and sit and watch arabic shows with the vol. loud. my dad did the same thing too except he watched stuff before going to bed...

saqibs85 said...

my mom...she does the exact same thing. It must be a paki thing..just like how they have to scream on the phone when theyre talking to family in Pakistan.

ZeeAwan said...

Hahahahaha!!! I HATE CAPITAL TALK!!! Or anything to do with Pakistani Politics, especially when it's blaring in your ear...lol