Friday, June 13, 2008

retail? nope...not really

Alhumdulliah, I got the job! I still work for the same company, The Home Depot, but its not on the sales floor. Its my first step into the 'behind the scenes" at the company. From working an entire year on the sales floor, at front-end cash desks, service desk, and lumber desk, and finally being transfered to another store. Its time for me to finally take a trip to a new level with the company.

I now get a cute little office in the accounting dept. of my favorite, CLEAN, and friendly location at The Home Depot Kenaston. During my 8 hour shifts, i sit at my desk and sort through piles and piles of receipts and other random paperwork. I also get to bundle cash together and get it ready for being sent to the front-end cashiers. I get to give people their paychecks too. Theres more i do, but mostly its about paper and money. And balancing everything and keeping my boss happy.

I normally have my tasks laid out for me, so if need be, i can take time off but makeup for it later. As long as i meet the deadlines and ensure nothing goes missing, s'all good!

Alhumdulliah, for once im finally satisfied with my job AND my pay :)

-taibah out

1 comments:

asyaam said...

Ah, congrats Taibah! That sounds like a friggin good deal! Remember to be kind and thoughtful to the people below you :P