Monday, June 9, 2008

when to cry?

while im in the washroom brushing my teeth, i love starring into the mirror. normally i just stare at myself and think of random things. for some reason i was thinking of fountains today.

I rinse my mouth and begin cleaning my nosering. I do this every night to avoid infections, even tho i do use a gold nosering and infections normally dont happen with gold, i still avoid the risks.

i got my nose pierced in September 2007. It was during the early days of Ramadan too. I remember coming home from school that day and breaking my fast. I remember agreeing to the idea and within an hour we (me and my sister) we're sitting inside Urban Graffiti filling out forms to get our nose piercings done.

My sister had gotten a nose piercing before, but hers had closed so she was getting hers done a second time. She wasn't scared at all.

I was FREAKED OUT!

While paying my $40 fee, i still didnt change my mind to simply walkout on the idea. But i stuck through with it.

We get led into a room down a small hallway and she to us "who wants to go first?". i opened my great mouth and said "i do!"

she makes me sit on this bed thing (the thing doctors have in their offices) and lean my head against this hard cushioned area. she begins the procedure right away. im trying hard not to jump.

she starts off by cleaning my nose with alcohol and makes the "hole-mark" with her pen. I didnt like where she had placed it, so i choose the spot. She didnt like where i chose, but she went ahead with it anyways. The room i was in had tons of mirrors.

She then asks me to pick which type of nosering id like, hoop or stud. I decide to go with Stud and she gets out the hook'd surgical steel ones. apparently, it was best for me.

anyways, so she pulls out this 5 inch long needle and a slanted cork. i says to her "soo you basically stab me?" and i was NOT ready to hear her say "why yes, thats exactly it".

i am seriously trying hard to not move.

she moves the slanted cork into my nose, "aisha, give me your hands" i say.

i close my eyes.

she says "take a strong deep breath and inhale"

STAB!

ohhhhhhhh the pain :(

i swore. i cried. aisha complained saying i was hurting her. i felt pain. i felt the blood. i keep crying.

After she cleans me up, i realize the intense pain only lasted 20 seconds and there was a sharp yet able to tolerate type of pain in my nose. It bled for afew hours, but i celebrated my piercing with a Jones Soda.

-taibah out.

0 comments: